Mr Devinder Ohri, President NATAS assumed the role of President ASEANTA - ASEAN Tourism Association in January, 2017. Mr Ohri has recently been co-opted as Member of UFTAA Board.
On 27th March 1971 several ASEAN countries came together to form a non-profit organization that would truly and collectively focus on development and promotion of tourism destinations,attractions and its supporting infrastructure within ASEAN region, and ASEANTA was born.
ASEANTA today, has members including Tourism Associations from all 10 ASEAN countries namely Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand & Vietnam,and Hotel Associations, Airlines, National Tourism Organizations (NTOs).
ASEANTA initiatives include:
- Fostering closer working relationships between all its members, partners and travel related government agencies - with ASEANTA as a platform
- Encouraging efforts to develop and grow ASEAN tourism -- offering support and assistance when required
- Playing active role in shaping tourism policies within ASEAN to safeguard interests of its members - through feedback, recommendations and dialogues with Government Agencies
- Creating synergistic alliances amongst ASEANTA members to grow tourism in ASEAN region
- Stressing need for improving and providingreasonable quality service to travellers and touristsâ€“ by monitoring standards of service and professionalism
- Serve on or offer assistance to any government, statutory or international body in connection with tourism matters
- Setting a platform for ASEAN tourism fraternity to interact and open opportunities to ensure sustainability of integrated ASEAN Economic Community (AEC)
ASEANTA recognizes the fact that tourism is a key economic driverfor ASEAN and will continue efforts to push for world-class tourism offerings that entice and delight all travellers to ASEAN region, be it for business or leisure.
ASEANTA Management Committee includes
- President - Mr. DevinderOhri (President NATAS)
- Deputy President - Mr. Sam Cheah (President MAH)
- Secretary General - Datuk HamzahRahmat (President MATTA)
- Treasurer - Ms. SupawanTanomkieatipume (President THA)
- MC - Ms. Elly Hutabarat (President ASTINDO)
- MC - Mr. Charoen Wangananont (President ATTA)